A rich almond and coffee cake can offer various health and nutritional benefits depending on the ingredients used. Here are some potential benefits:
– Healthy fats: Almonds are a great source of monounsaturated fats, which are considered heart-healthy and may help lower bad cholesterol levels.
– Vitamin E: Almonds are rich in vitamin E, an antioxidant that supports healthy skin, boosts the immune system, and protects against cellular damage.
– Minerals: Almonds provide minerals such as magnesium, manganese, and phosphorus, which are important for bone health, energy production, and nerve function.
– Antioxidants: Coffee contains numerous antioxidants that can help protect against free radicals, potentially reducing the risk of chronic diseases.
– Mental alertness: The caffeine in coffee acts as a stimulant, improving mental focus, alertness, and even physical performance.
– Mood enhancement: Coffee has been associated with an uplift in mood and a decrease in the risk of depression.
3. Nutritional balance:
– Protein: Almonds are a good source of plant-based protein, which is essential for muscle repair, tissue growth, and overall health.
– Fiber: Almonds and whole-grain flours used in the cake can contribute to a higher fiber content, promoting digestive health and providing a feeling of satiety.
– Reduced sugar: A healthier almond and coffee cake recipe may include alternative sweeteners, reducing the overall sugar content compared to traditional cakes.
While these potential benefits are appealing, it’s important to note that the overall nutritional profile of the cake will depend on the specific recipe and ingredients used. Moderation is key, as almond and coffee cake can still be calorie-dense, so it’s essential to enjoy it as part of a balanced diet.
Rich Almond And Coffee Cake.
5 egg yolks
130 g of sugar
50 g of starch flour
100 ml of espresso
400 ml of milk
(or 500 ml of milk + 3 teaspoons of instant coffee)
1 teaspoon of vanilla paste / extract
230 g of softened butter
210 g of egg whites
210 g of sugar
20 g of starch flour
180 g of almond flour
1 tablespoon of cocoa
1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon
50 g of almond leaves
100 g of milk cream for whipped cream
100 g of chocolate (52% cocoa)
50-60 g of toasted almond leaves for decoration
Preparation of the cream:
Mix the milk with the espresso.
Mix egg yolks with sugar until foamy, add starch flour and a little milk and coffee mixture. Heat the rest until it boils and pour it into the egg yolks in a thin stream. Steam until you get a cream of pudding consistency. Transfer to a shallow dish and cover with cling film.
Add vanilla paste / extract to the cooled cream.
Mix the butter until foamy (5 minutes), then add the cream several times (it is important that the cream and butter are at the same temperature).
Preparation of the crust:
Beat the egg whites until soft, then gradually add the sugar. Mix the sifted dry ingredients into the solid sauce. Bake in molds with a diameter of 18 centimeters at 180 °C for about 25 minutes (sprinkle with almond flakes before baking).
Bake 5 biscuits.
Arrange the cake inside a stretchable mold lined with acetate foil (save 100 g of cream for the outer part).
Put it in the fridge while you make the ganache.
Preparation of ganache:
Melt the chopped chocolate and cream for the whipped cream. Pour the lukewarm ganache over the cake. Cool in the refrigerator for 6 hours. Take the cake out of the mold, coat the sides with the rest of the cream, then stick the toasted almond leaves on top.