FOCACCIA STEP BY STEP
120ml of milk
3 tablespoons of olive oil
10 spoons (120 g) of flour
3 tablespoons grated parmesan
10g powdered yeast
100g cooked ham
100g smoked Provola
1. In a bowl, mix the eggs with milk, baking powder and oil, add the grated parmesan and flour.
2. Transfer half of the prepared mixture to the pan and add the ham and cheese, cover with the rest of the prepared mixture and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
3. Bake at 180°C (350°F) for 25 minutes.
Focaccia is a type of Italian flatbread that is often seasoned with olive oil and herbs, and can be topped with various ingredients such as vegetables, cheese, and cured meats. Here are some nutritional benefits of making and consuming focaccia:
1. Provides carbohydrates: Focaccia is a good source of carbohydrates, which provide energy for the body. The bread is made from flour, which is rich in complex carbohydrates that are broken down into glucose, the body’s primary source of energy.
2. Contains healthy fats: Focaccia is typically made with olive oil, which is a healthy source of fat. Olive oil contains monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, which are beneficial for heart health and can help lower cholesterol levels.
3. High in fiber: Focaccia made with whole wheat flour is high in fiber, which can help regulate digestion and promote feelings of fullness. Fiber can also help lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of certain diseases such as heart disease and type 2 diabetes.