Hot Chocolate Cookies
Hot Chocolate Cookies – Enjoy a cozy winter favorite in more than just a glass! Chocolate Chip Cookies come together with Hot Chocolate for a gooey and delicious treat!
One of the few things that I enjoy about winter is getting to enjoy a cup of hot chocolate on a cold day. I do not like the cold at all, but if you can have a hot steaming cup of hot cocoa, then I am willing to put up with a little bit of cold.
But why not enjoy the flavor of hot chocolate every day of the year with Hot Chocolate Cookies! So easy to make and a fun chocolate-y treat.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 whole large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 (1 oz) packages hot chocolate mix
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 oz) package mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallow bits, plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In the bowl for an electric mixer cream butter, sugar and brown sugar together until light and fluffy
- Add in the egg and vanilla, mix until well it is very well combined.
- Stir in flour, cornstarch, salt, baking soda, and hot chocolate mix.
- Fold in 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips and marshmallow bits.
- Let the dough chill for 30 minutes for best results.
- Scoop balls of dough onto a baking sheet. Top each ball of dough with some of the reserved chocolate chip and marshmallows.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes until the edges are set and the tops are dry.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cook for 5-10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
These hot chocolate cookies are what you get when you mix your favorite chocolate chip cookie base with hot chocolate. A decadent and delicious treat that you can make whether it is cold or hot outside!
What You’ll Need
Hot Chocolate Powder
Marshmallows are an important part of hot chocolate, so they must be included with these cookies! I use the Jet Puffed Marshmallow Bits so they don’t just melt away and disappear like mini marshmallows do. You can often find these in your regular grocery store next to the normal marshmallows or near the hot chocolate. My Target carries them as well.